Wednesday, October 5, 2016

New Orleans Fly Fishers Club


Note from the blogger:  Thank you to the New Orleans Fly Fishers Club for the sharing their activities with the IFFF.  I hope you can send a story about the Annual Rio Grande Cichlid Rodeo along with some nice pictures.  We love to share.  

 This past Saturday, October 1st, the New Orleans Fly Fishers Club held it’s Annual Rio Grande Cichlid Rodeo in New Orleans. We decided to donate all registration fees to Second Harvest Food Bank in New Orleans. They have been instrumental in feeding people whose homes were devastated by the recent flooding in Louisiana. We raised $400, which will enable Second harvest to fill a half tractor trailer with food to distribute to the hungry. I am attaching a picture which shows (from left to right) club president Jim Fullmer presenting the ceremonial check to Heather Sweeney of Second Harvest along with club treasurer Al Kellogg. I thought this might be something the Federation would like to publish to show what one of their charter clubs is doing to help out in the community. I wasn’t sure who to send this to so I sent it to you. If there is someone else that I should contact please let me know.

Thanks,

A.J. Rosenbohm
Vice President/Events Coordinator
New Orleans Fly Fishers Club


No comments:

Post a Comment