Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Good Bye to 2016, Hello to 2017

Hello to 2017

Closing out a calendar year usually brings up sooner or later these two thoughts for me.  Income tax must be paid and I hate the process.  I feel very liberated once it is over.  Thought number two is that I didn’t fish enough and I should make a plan to fish more in the coming year.  This is an annual process that never seems to change.

Lets move on to our current daily business.  Today the water is too high and the temps are so cold that fishing won’t work for me.  I loose my fishing courage when my fingers begin to look like cherry popsicles.  So now what do I do?  I could tie some flies but some other things could possibly be more time sensitive.  Here is what I came up with for consideration.

  • ·      Renew or join the IFFF
  • ·      Renew or join your local club
  • ·      Renew your fishing licenses
  • ·      Renew your Park Passes
  • ·      Inspect and replenish your fishing gear
  • ·      Consider a donation to the non-profits that do conservation work
  • ·      Reassess your fishing and conservation values
  • ·      Ask your local club to display their IFFF affiliation on their website homepage along with a link
  • ·      If you use Instagram, use these hashtags, #fedflyfishers #ifffmember #catchandrelease


These are just some of my ideas.  I would love to hear yours.  Down at the bottom of each posted article is a place to post a comment.


Tom Collett, your IFFF blogger


Steelhead catch and release

No comments:

Post a Comment